Trip Home

So we decided that we would make a quick trip home to suprise Dave’s mom, go to our nieces Lizzie’s wedding and just see the fam- not to mention visit our good little doggie Tiki, and my parents new dog.

I had forgotten how long of a stinkin drive it was, and how insanely boring driving through Wyoming is. Luckily the kids were pretty darn good for the drive, they didn’t whine and Brynley only had to pee twice as much as the rest of us. :)
I wish we could have stayed longer, it felt like we didn’t have very much time with the family, and I kinda feel like I need a restful vacation from the vacation it was so busy, but lots of fun 2.

While we were there we took pics at my niece Lizzie’s wedding and I got to use my bro-in law Terry’s Nikon D80, while Dave shot with my camera. It was pretty fun and I enjoyed using the Nikon though it took me some time to figure out the controls and the light was pretty low so I had the ISO cranked way up and I don’t know how Nikon handles that, but hopefully they turned out well- If not there were about four photographers there, I’m sure at least one got some good shots. :) I haven’t went through those shots yet, but I’ll post some when I do.
On Saturday, me and Dave got to go and shoot some family pics for The Wells, which was tons of fun. I’d forgotten how much I loved to take pics and mess with them afterwords- I’m gonna have to find some family’s here in Colorado to practice on so I can keep up on it, and some places to shoot at. (anyone interested?)
Anyways It was tons of fun seeing everyone, Dafne cut and dyed my hair(It really needed a trim but I’m still not to sure about the reddish brown color that it is now) and we got to go to Cafe Rio (which I am jealous that they have one now and we don’t) All in all it was a pretty fun weekend, and the drive home wasn’t too bad after we got a laptop adapter for the car and I was able to work in Illustrator.

Anyways here’s a few pics we took on Saturday.

Subscribe to our RSS feed. Tweet this! StumbleUpon Reddit Digg This! Bookmark on Delicious Share on Facebook
  1. May 5, 2009 at 4:47 pm

I wish I lived close enough for you to take pics of my family. You do such a great job!

2. May 5, 2009 at 4:50 pm

Dang girl! Those pics are awesome! They are such a photogenic family plus you’re a freakin awesome photographer!

3. May 5, 2009 at 5:08 pm

again…thankyou so much— i can’t say it enough–they are beautiful!

4. May 5, 2009 at 7:23 pm

um…I need to see pictures of your hair! How did your dog handle seeing you guys?

5. May 5, 2009 at 7:36 pm

I LOVE your blog. It is sooo cute. You are insanley talented with all your crafty-ness and photos and stuff. Brynley’s Easter dress was so stinkin’ cute! How are you liking Colorado?

6. May 5, 2009 at 9:54 pm

You are such a great photographer. I love the pics! I don’t think we are as photogenic as that family is but I’d love some pics!
    It really is such a BORING drive back to Idaho… I’d love to go back and visit friends and see how the school has changed but I can’t stand that drive.
    Reddish-brown hair!?? How fun! I’m excited to see it!

7. May 7, 2009 at 12:33 am

We are up for a photo shoot. That way you can walk me thru your settings so i can get as good as you.

8. May 10, 2009 at 9:07 pm

I saw those pics on Ashlie’s facebook before I knew you took them. I was like “Whoa! Those are awesome!” You are one amazing woman. You have more creativity in one pinkey finger than I have in my whole body!

9. June 30, 2009 at 3:27 pm

Hey Alicia! My husband and I live in Denver! Where do you live at in Colorado? We would love to do a photo session with you!

10. July 15, 2009 at 8:53 pm

Hey Johanna- just noticed your comment– we live in the springs– it would be tons of fun to get together and do a shoot.