Workin

So most days lately I’ve been looking similar to this– I found a ring and it ended up being a horcrux :)
No actually I’ve just finally gotten some energy back and have been tackling house projects again. I’ve been trying to figure out some sort of small mudroom catch all center forever– this house really doesn’t have much options for that so this is what we finally came up with and built a couple of weekends ago, and I have loved it! (please ignore the hideous door our house is so still a work in progress)
I also started tackling the banister– It use to be a hideous orange colored wood- but it’s still a work in progress so I haven’t removed the tape yet.
Along with the banister I decided to start tackling the doors on the main level and painting them white– (they were also the horrible orange– would love to just get new ones but the cost and the hassle of putting in all new doors- ugh so were gonna see if white will work)
While waiting for the paint on the doors to dry I’ve been stripping one of the dressers that I bought– I love stripper– the way it bubbles– so fun!

And because I didn’t have to much to do I decided I’d try and paint our doorknobs and see if I liked them– they use to be the ugly brass/gold. We sanded them, got primer on them, brown paint a little black and two coats of clear top coat– hopefully that works—
And poor Dave has been sick the last few days. Brynley decided she wanted to take her nap with dad today since he was home– I loved watching my two sweeties sleep in my break time waiting for paint to dry
I love working on projects but man sometimes it’s discouraging to have so many– this last weekend we put up some trim around some doors and on our bar so I need to work on sanding, calking and painting those too this week– and I have a major dilema that prolly tommorrow I’ll be asking for some help with but it’s to late to take pictures tonite.
Loving the journey but sometimes I can’t wait for it to be done!

Subscribe to our RSS feed. Tweet this! StumbleUpon Reddit Digg This! Bookmark on Delicious Share on Facebook
  1. November 10, 2009 at 2:59 am

dang, it sounds like you’re keeping busy. you’re projects are looking awesome!

2. November 10, 2009 at 4:22 am

I wish I were as crafty as you :)

3. November 10, 2009 at 4:35 pm

Wow you are such a handy woman! You just know how to make things look beautiful. I would have never thought you could sand a door knob! We need to come for a visit and see everything. Way to go!

4. November 11, 2009 at 3:12 am

Great work, you are a very handy women!! The great part about having so many projects going at one time is you that you always have choice what to work on, or when you get sick of one you can hop to another!!

5. November 13, 2009 at 10:56 pm

Your projects look great- I wish mine were started like that- they are in piles and on lists ;) Good luck – you always do such a great job.

6. November 18, 2009 at 9:57 pm

Hi Ali! Snooped until I found your blog;) You are one talented lady! Your pics are awesome-I didn’t realize that was you who took baby Rachel’s pictures! I need to take some lessons. And all your home improvement projects-so jealous! I want to do so much with our house…but I sit and stare and dream;) And congrats on your new little one coming. We just found out (today!) we’re having a boy in April (shh-nothing on the blog though, parents don’t know yet;)

7. November 24, 2009 at 6:22 am

Wow! You’ve been busy! If I need any work done on my house, I know who to call now!

8. November 26, 2009 at 2:13 am

And did you notice you still have pretty fingernails in that first picture? You’re like super woman! So impressed by all the work you guys have put into your home. It’s looking great, and what’s more, you’ve got the Spirit(0: You rock(0:

9. December 6, 2009 at 9:03 pm

I am obsessed with you mud room. It’s awesome!