How to Paint Doorknobs

How to Paint Doorknobs
The Easy & fast way to Paint Doorknobs
First off you need some beautiful dated gold doorknobs to paint

aren’t they all nice and shiny and very much gold– not really my cup of tea

The Supplies
Auto primer
Brushed Metallic- oil rubbed bronze
Protective non yellowing clear finish
total supply cost– around $8
Step 1
    - Lightly sand the doorknobs-  (It really is pretty easy to scratch the lovely gold finish so this step isn’t as painful as you’d suppose except when you have a lot of doorknobs than it gets pretty darn boring)
Step 2
   -Spray Primer
Step 3
   -Spray color

Step 4
   -Spray protective finish
Yep it pretty much doesn’t get any easier than this
plus $8 isn’t bad for all new doorknobs-
Also since I did some test knobs 8 months ago I can tell you that they hold up great and still look like new.
This post brought to you by the so challenging
“typing and mousin it up with the left hand cuz’ i’m holding and feeding the baby” position
You should all feel very special :)

Subscribe to our RSS feed. Tweet this! StumbleUpon Reddit Digg This! Bookmark on Delicious Share on Facebook
  1. June 2, 2010 at 2:36 pm

HAHA! Love it. We should feel special. That’s a learned talent and very hard to do! I will have to try this. We have all gold to.

2. June 3, 2010 at 3:53 am

Oh, I am so excited! I have those very same outdated knobs in my house. You have inspired me:). Thanks so much for the tutorial…I am definitely inspired,

~Julia

3. June 3, 2010 at 4:37 pm

this is such a great idea! so smart to line them up that way!
    thaks for stopping by and for the sweet comment!
    Londen

4. June 4, 2010 at 4:23 pm

These turned out amazing! Thanks for stopping by and becoming a new follower :)!

Val

5. June 5, 2010 at 2:21 am

Rock on Alicia(0: Those look fabulous(0: Ooo how I covet your designing prowess! Thanks for the great tutorial. I, too, am feeling inspired by your rockin’ awesomeness. I’ve got to go find me sumpthin’ to paint! (0:

6. June 6, 2010 at 3:00 am

I saw your blog on the knock off wood facebook page and am so glad to pop over. Such nice projects! I’m book marking it now.

7. June 6, 2010 at 8:38 pm

What a fantastic idea! We have brass knobs all over our house, I don’t know why I never thought of painting them ;)
    Congratulations on your little one! She is beautiful – and what a funny birth story too!

8. June 12, 2010 at 9:54 am

That’s a learned talent and very hard to do!
    PPC Advertising India

9. August 2, 2010 at 4:23 am

WOW, What a great DIY post! Your blog is wonderful.

10. August 11, 2010 at 1:18 am

Great tips! The knobs look amazing. I think it’s pretty amazing to type like that too. Someone told me that the days are long but the years are short. Hang in there!

11. October 14, 2010 at 11:13 pm

I love all of your projects. I LOVE your farmhouse table. It’s why I keep coming back. One day I will take the plunge and try to copy yours. I even found some chairs on KSL…I’m just afraid. I want it an 8 seater but I’m not one to improvise with the unknown. Seeing your door knobs, child bed (I need 4), and hooker chair make me excited to tackle the projects. Just to dive in…how?!?

Please keep the inspiration coming.

12. November 11, 2010 at 4:39 am

LOVE this! I cannot stand the brass in our house! YUK! I need to show this to my husband asap! Thx for sharing!

13. March 11, 2011 at 2:05 am

AWESOME idea,,, and that sure does beat trying to paint each one individually, THANK YOU this is surely an EASY cheap project, that will make SUCH a difference when done.

Come say hi sometime!! Bella Before and After , and if you want to win an Avocado Painting, come enter myGIVEAWAY HERE, I really appreciate the support.

Hugs,
    Bella — your NEWEST happy follower.

14. April 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm

Hello there! I was wondering if I could link to your tutorial here-great work!

15. May 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Hi-

What did you create to hold the knobs in place?

16. February 17, 2012 at 4:10 am

I’m in! My poor hubby…his duties are never done…tee hee hee!!